4 Nights 5 Days Yucatán Península Expeditions
Archeology, history and nature, visiting maya sites, colonial cities, historic haciendas, and impressive cenotes, enjoying the rich local cuisine and flavors of southern Mexico.
Valladolid is the second most important city in the Yucatán Peninsula. Its colonial buildings include 16th-century Convent of San Bernardino of Siena, with an ornate wooden altarpiece, and baroque-style San Gervasio Cathedral.
Afterwards we will drive to Rio Lagartos, located 57 miles from Ek-Balam for our boat tour. This little town takes you back in time to the charms and simpler life of rural Mexico. Rio Lagartos, a small fishing village with ecotourism activities on the Gulf Coast is a different kind of paradise with hundreds of Flamingos and pink waters, making this place a unique protected area.
We will be back in Valladolid Hotel Casa Quetzal around 6:00 p.m.
Afterwards we will continue to one of the most beautiful cenotes of the region, located in a Maya town, where we will have our traditonal Maya lunch and then continue to Seyé for our first night in a private historic colonial house.
After lunch our next visit will be the work shop of Pedro Ayuso, a local crafstman. Our next stop will be Merida the capital of the Yucatan state, where we will have a short sight seeing tour and have dinner.
We will have lunch here before taking the road back to the Riviera Maya or Tulúm for the next chapter of your visit to our beautiful country.
- Two nights in Casa Quetzal Valladolid
- Two nights in Seyé, located near Mérida
Surrounded by Cenotes, Mayan sites and Haciendas
- Eat home-cooked traditional meals
- Learn about the meeting of ancient traditions and the modern Maya Culture.
- We take you off the beaten path and into what’s real!
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Specialized guide
- Water, seasonal fruits and snacks in the van
- All accommodations included
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- All entrance fees of the described activities
- $220 USD per person per day
- Dinners and alcoholic beverages not included